Sign Up for Email Alerts
Key Resources in Business and Development
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
The Business Student's Guide to Sustainable Management
Principles and Practice
Paper: 978-1-78353-319-0 / $39.95
Published: May 2017
Cloth: 978-1-78353-318-3 / $120.00
Published: June 2017
6 1/8" x 9 1/5"
The Business Student’s Guide to Sustainable Management
has become a core textbook for business undergraduates. With a full introduction to sustainable management, the textbook covers all subject areas relevant to business students. The book includes chapters and seminars on subjects such as: Corporate Sustainable Strategy; Sustainable Marketing; Sustainability Reporting; Supply Chain Management; Human Resources Management: Supporting Sustainable Business; Environmental Economics; Sustainable Operations Management; Greenhouse Gas Management and System Thinking in Sustainable Management.
The book contains nearly 30 ready-made seminars employing various teaching methods. Each chapter follows the same, easy-to-use format.
This book provides a true treasure chest of materials to support staff wanting to integrate sustainability into their teaching and provides support to effectively embed sustainability in the curriculum. The chapters also offer a starting point in developing teaching units for Masters and MBA students. The material is not just useful to people in business schools, but to those involved in wider scale curriculum change, and those looking to make links between different disciplines.
This second edition features fully updated chapters, plus brand new chapters on how to teach Responsible Management Education in any business discipline and crowdsourcing for sustainable solutions.
Table of Contents:
-- Zoe Robinson, Director of Education for Sustainability, Keele University
1. The structure and purpose of this book -- Petra Molthan-Hill, Nottingham Business School
2. Introductory Note for Lecturers, Deans and other university staff who want to embed Sustainability into the Business School Curriculum -- Petra Molthan-Hill, Nottingham Business School
3. Introducing issues of sustainability -- Richard Howarth, Nottingham Business School
4. Integrating the three pillars of sustainability: Social, environmental and economic -- Seraphina Brown and Aldilla Dharmasasmita, Nottingham Business School
5. NEW: How to Teach Responsible Management Education -- Susan Hill
Embedding sustainability into core subjects
6. Sustainability Reporting -- Christian Herzig, and Biswaraj Ghosh, Nottingham Business School
7. Environmental Economics -- Rosa Maria Fernandez, University of Birmingham
8. Human Resources Management: Supporting Sustainable Business -- Elaine Cohen, Beyond Business Ltd
9. Sustainable Marketing -- Helen Goworek, Nottingham Business School
10. Sustainable Operations Management -- Maggie Zeng, University of Gloucestershire
11. Sustainable Supply Chain Management -- Peter Lund-Thomsen, Copenhagen Business School and Lynn Oxborrow, Nottingham Business School
12. Developing Sustainable Responsible Strategies in Business -- Mathias Schuez, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Adding core topics to the curriculum
13. Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Management -- Aldilla Dharmasasmita, Nottingham Business School, Helen Puntha, Ellie Kennedy, Nottingham Trent University and Richard Holmes, Third Stone Ltd
14. Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Peacemaking -- Natalie Ralph, Corporate Peacebuilders and Ellie Kennedy, Nottingham Trent University
15. NEW: Crowdsourcing for Sustainable Solutions -- Lorinda Rowledge, EKOS International
Bringing it all together
16. Systems Thinking and Sustainable Management -- Néstor Valero-Silva, Nottingham Business School
Teachers - Request Exam Copy
Related Titles by Subject:
Blogs & Communities
© 2017 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.